jeudi 12 décembre 2019
All things smelly and speedy : Trolls and goblins wolf riders !
My troll unit features Citadel (C20) and Marauder (MM40) models.
In my opinion, they remain among the best ever sculpted.
Second row photo :
Some close-ups :
And some paint recipes for their skin.
- Base : a mix of Elysian green (GW), Flat yellow (VMC), Livery green (VGC), Bone (VGC) and White.
- Several highlights by adding a mix of Livery green, Flat yellow and White
- Shadows with Soft tone wash (AP), and Baal red (GW) for nose and ears for example
- Sometimes some areas are nuanced with a mix of Yellow ink (GW) and Athonian camoshade (GW)
- A small wash of Blue ink (GW) under the eyes, and Skin wash (VGC) on the lips
- Base : Death world forest (GW)
- Highlights by adding more and more Bone (VGC)
I started a unit of Goblins Wolf Riders, also old but still beautiful models. I think I'm going to retouch the "club head" with a much lighter tone.
These two units bring speed and strength to the army, which should also include many war chariots...